Now that 2011 is drawing to a close, it's time for our annual look forward at the new items we expect to be hot in 2012. Last year, all four of our hot picks for 2011 (Easy Feet, Aluma Wallet, HD Aviators and Chef Basket) delivered strong sales at retail. So this year, we up the ante by highlighting 12 surefire hits.
- Music Bullet ($19.99, IdeaVillage). “The mini portable speaker that delivers big, quality sound.” There are 300 million iPods and 100 million iPhones in consumers' hands, and now there is a great way for these people to share their favorite music with their friends.
- Pedi Spin ($14.99, IdeaVillage). “The automatic callus remover that gives you beautiful, salon-perfect feet.” As we know, the foot category has been a huge success on TV and at retail. This new entry raises the bar on convenience and will re-invigorate sales in the category.
- Finishing Touch Diamond ($14.99, IdeaVillage). “Diamond engineered to erase unwanted hair instantly and pain free.” We're excited about this new re-launch and think this one could be as big as the original launch, which sold 10 million units in its first year.
- Roto Punch ($10, Allstar). “Punch a perfect hole in seconds.” With the weight of consumers fluctuating like the stock market, this product is sure to have huge demand!
- Trendy Top ($10, Allstar). “Get that trendy layered look with no bulk.” Women love low-cut jeans but not the embarassment that can go along with wearing them. This fixes the problem with a practical yet stylish solution.
- Magic Mesh ($19.95, Allstar). “The new type of screen door that opens easily and then magically closes itself behind you.” Love this product and look forward to using it at my house this spring and summer.
- Salon Express ($10, Ontel/Spark). “The easy-to-use, do-it-yourself designer nail kit.” The nail category is ripe for innovation and is especially strong in a soft economy. This product provides a great way to get salon results at an affordable price.
- Slushy Magic ($19.99, Ontel). “The super-duper slushy maker that’s frozen fun for everyone.” Americans love slushies and this is the best and easiest way to make delicious slushies at home.
- Miracle Socks ($10, Ontel). “The new anti-fatigue compression socks that soothe, massage and energize your feet and legs.” Baby Boomers are the largest buying group in America, and as they continue to age comfort products like this will register big sales.
- Lint Lizard ($10.99, Telebrands). “Removes dryer lint in hard-to-reach places.” A simple solution to an everyday problem with no good solution. Whenever an innovative product comes along that solves a common problem, it's a guaranteed hit.
- Bake Pops ($19.99, Telebrands). “The new scrumptious cake on a pop stick you can take.” Timing a trend correctly is tricky, but this item hits the market at the same time cake pops are becoming very popular.
- Slim Away ($10, Telebrands). “The adjustable slimming garment that trims inches off your waist.” Shapewear is one of the hottest retail categories and, since Americans aren't getting any slimmer, will continue to deliver hit after hit.
Post a Comment